Healthy SkinEnhancing your appearance with skin rejuvenation and resurfacing:
If you want to improve the appearance of your skin, skin rejuvenation or resurfacing may be right for you. Skin rejuvenation can be achieved in a number of ways, ranging from laser, light and other energy-based treatments to chemical peels and other non-ablative methods. The result is a smoother, clearer and more youthful appearance to your skin.
What can skin rejuvenation treat:
Skin rejuvenation is a treatment to resurface your skin, or to improve the texture, clarity and overall appearance of your skin. Conditions that can be treated include:
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements. Ask for details.
- Dynamic wrinkles: These are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions. Ask for details.
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, melisma, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure.
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raised borders.
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood filled blisters or even a constant flush of facial redness.
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structure (collagen and elastin fibers) that results in a loss of skin firmness, or the development of cellulite.
Is it right for me?
While not as involved as surgical cosmetic procedures, skin rejuvenation is a medical procedure. You should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image. Skin rejuvenation is an option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You don’t smoke
- You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance.
FotoFacial Skin Rejuvenation is a series of Broadband Light treatments that can be performed on the face, neck, hands or body. Using this treatment improves the appearence of rosacea, flushing skin, broken or raised capillaries, sun damaged skin, age spots, skin texture, and photo aging. This treatment also improves mild acne scars, reduces large pores, corrects dark circles around the eyes, and reduces fine lines.